I headed out to the local fabric outlet with a friend. Without the boys.
I get a phone call after an hour of being out by myself.
You can guess who called, but it wasn't about the boys. It was about the dog.
Craig informs me that I have to get home ASAP because we have to take the dog to the vet. He tells me that the dog was over at a neighbors house in their carport; when Craig went to corral the dog, he noticed that Cole was not walking well and his stomach was extremely bloated.
What happened?
Craig had no idea! He was thinking maybe someone kicked the dog in the side and broke his ribs and was bleeding internally, thus his stomach was bloated. Craig didn't remember seeing a car drive by the house that could've hit Cole.
Craig seriously thought Cole was going to keel over in 5 minutes and die. Cole couldn't sit, when he tried to he yelped like he was in a tremendous amount of pain.
Poor dog, your thinking, right?
I rush out of the fabric store and drive home as fast as possible.
The vet is closed, it's 11:45 am on a Saturday!
I call my Mom so I don't have to freak out by myself. Thinking that when I get home we're going to be burying the dog.
I get home and Craig is more calm about the situation. The dog greets me with his tail wagging and demands to go play frisbee.
Cole's stomach is still bloated but not nearly as bad as it had been 10 minutes earlier.
We discuss what could have happened.
The other possible scenario we think of, is that maybe Cole gorged himself on the neighbor's dog's food. We walked to the neighbor's house to find they're not home and the dog's food dish in the carport is empty. Hmmmm.
We walk home and decide to watch football it is a Saturday after all. We make Cole stay in the backyard. It's fenced, if he goes off and dies or has a huge bowel movement at least he'll be in the backyard not the house!
So the neighbor's never came home Saturday or Sunday.
We're pretty sure Cole ate 3 days worth of food that was sure to tie over the neighbor's dog for the weekend.
Cole didn't get to eat again until Sunday night.
The neighbor's dog also didn't get to eat Saturday or Sunday. Poor thing.
But seriously, who leaves 3 days worth of dog food in a carport, in the country! Nobody keeps their dogs fenced. Unfortunately it was our dog that was stupid enough to eat it ALL, at once!
Did he learn his lesson after being in so much pain that he couldn't even sit? I seriously doubt it. He is a dog of course.
Cole had his close call and is now on extended probation on becoming a true member of the Grimes Family.
Landon took this picture of Cole yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment